MK Diamond's 5" IXL Full Vacuum Shroud is designed for concrete and surface grinding dust control. The shroud easily attaches to a vacuum or dust extractor resulting in a cleaner working environment, and increasing visibility during grinding. It helps control airborne particles; protecting workers from dangerous crystalline silica exposure. The use of a shroud also prolongs the life of the tool by preventing abrasive dust and debris from entering the motor.
- Developed for grinding concrete, masonry and mortar
- Increases cup wheel life by removing abrasive dust
- Dust control reduces clean up time and provides better visibility for operator
- Designed for use when cleaning, leveling spots, removing epoxies, urethanes, paint and other coatings
- Fits popular 4" and 5" hand grinders
|5" IXL Shroud||172366|
Pending OSHA standards are mandating worker protection from harmful air-borne particles created from drywall sanding and diamond tool grinding of concrete, masonry and stone materials. The dust from these materials is tied to lung cancer, silicosis and other serious maladies. In some areas right now, contractors are not allowed on the job without having a dust-containment system. Below are links to OSHA articles for more information: